WHAT SHOULD I BRING WITH ME?
Weather in Finland can be unpredictable during summer. It should be mild and warm with temperatures of around +10-22C, and a slight chance of rain. The night is extremely short during the retreat because we’re located so far north. The retreat will take place mostly outdoors; please wear comfortable clothes. We will ask international participants to email a scanned copy of their passports prior to the retreat. This procedure is required by two of our main locations; the garrisons of Dragsvik and Santahamina.
We will spend quite a bit of time in silent meditation. Therefore we require everyone to bring something to sit on comfortably, like a light folding stool, inflatable cushion, or piece of camping mat. Some people find sitting on a small and cheap inflatable neck pillow comfortable.
- Good walking shoes. We walk a great deal.
- Sun protection like sunglasses, sunscreen, hat etc.
- Passport or an official Photo ID.
- Rain Poncho for rain. Mandatory!
- Light folding stool, inflatable cushion, inflatable neck pillow, piece of camping mat to sit on.